Come to the Sisters in Crime meeting at Recycled Reads in Austin at 2 p.m. on March 9. You’ll be in the picture…
Inside Photo Secrets for Authors
Storytelling through photography has long been a powerful method of connecting people emotionally. For authors and writers, the use of photography can greatly assist in reaching and retaining readers. However, the digitization of photography has left the public largely confused about this new medium’s rules and regulations.
At Sisters in Crime – Austin’s March 9 meeting, member Laura Oles, a photo industry journalist and author of Digital Photography for Busy Women, will cover some current issues surrounding digital photography.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Basic guidelines for using photos on your author blog & website
- Creative Commons: What it is and why it matters
- When you can and cannot use photos you find online
- How to determine if a photo has been edited (for fictional story lines, etc)
- What metadata is and what it tells you about the photo
- How to use…
View original post 259 more words